Tis the season to be merry! But let’s be honest, most of us are scrambling right now to get Christmas
gifts, plan our activities with the kids for the almost 2 weeks they’re off school, balance our social
calendars, along with the myriad of family visits we need to fit in. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not
complaining, I LOVE Christmas. I’m a marketers dream this time of year. Especially right at the point
of purchase. If an item looks Christmassy and tempting, it generally ends up in my cart while waiting
in the checkout. But life is just so busy at this time of year. It’s hard to stay on top of taking care of
Since lack of time is a major issue particularly around the holidays, we wanted to share 10 of our
holiday beauty must haves that are fast, affordable, (well mostly) investing in a good scent is always
worth it, and easy to apply or use, that will help you maintain, and feel your best through the crazy,
but wonderful Christmas Holidays.
1. Avene face and body self tanner – Produces a very natural glow, no orange stains here. Gives
you that natural glow that looks fab with some great red Christmas lips.
2. A great brow brush and dark brown shadow – Use this slanted brush with a brown shadow, or
a shade slightly darker than your hair colour. The brow is the frame of the face, and a full brow
with great lashes goes a long way.
3. 3D Mascara – If you haven’t tried it yet, chances are someone in your neighbourhood is selling
it. It’s fantastic! Don’t get me wrong I love my lash extensions, when I have time. But 3D
mascara gives a great effect, and is easy to wash off.
4. Dry mascara brush – Perfect for brushing your brows into place and keeping your lashes
separated to reduce clumps.
5. Shimmer or Bronzer – Benefit and Mac have great bronzers that will give you a beautiful glow.
Your skin will look dewy even when you feel exhausted!
6. Batiste dry shampoo – Who has time to wash their hair everyday? Spray this bad boy all over
your roots and then brush it through. http://www.batistehair.com
7. Red or dark Plum Shellac nails – A Red or plum shellac manicure will carry you through the
entire holiday, with a festive and polished look.
8. A strong lip colour – Again red is my favourite for the holidays, but take a trip to MAC and buy
yourself one lip colour and liner. It’s amazing how a new fresh colour can make you feel done
up for any holiday gathering.
9. A signature scent – We love Narcisco Rodriguez for her – Okay this is a splurge but worth
every penny if it works with your skin chemistry. http://www.narcisorodriguez.com
Other great scents include: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, Stella' Eau de Parfum Spray, Thierry
Mugler's Angel Perfume, Chloe Eau de Parfume
10. Cleansing Cloths – It’s so important to remove your make-up before bed to keep your skin
clean and pores tight. But on those super long days, or out late nights, cleansing cloths are the
best. My favorite brands are Neutrogena cleansing cloths, and Simple cloths.
You’re a mom, so we know you’re already beautiful on the inside, but don’t feel guilty to pamper
yourself a little on the outside.
You deserve it!
Happy Holidays. XO