Did you know that only 1/3 of parents talk to their children about Halloween safety? If you missed us on The Global Morning show, we are here to give you our top tips to keep your little goblins safe this Halloween!
1. Make sure to use reflective paint or wear reflective strips on costumes & candy bags. We love the new LIFE PAINT reflective spray from Volvo Cars. This reflective paint can go on your kiddies costumes, or treat bags. **Make sure only an adult sprays the reflective paint on any gear.
2. Avoid oversized masks. Make-up is generally better for kids for visibility. Wear costumes that are the appropriate length, to avoid tripping.
3. Be aware of allergies. Show support to children with allergies by placing a teal pumpkin alongside other pumpkins. This lets families know you offer an allergy free or alternate non food treat. All kids deserve to have a safe and Happy Halloween.
4. Kids 10 and under should be accompanied by an adult. Kids who are allowed to go out without an adult, should be in groups of 3 or more with a cellphone.
5. Parents should know the pre-planned routes the kids will be on.
6. Talk to your kids beforehand about not talking with strangers or entering any homes. Kids should stay on the porch when Trick-or-treating and be reminded to always walk on the sidewalk.
7. Candy Check: Make sure to check over the candy, to unsure that none of the wrappers are popped.
8. Remove all Halloween Makeup before bedtime, to avoid any allergic reactions!