The days are getting longer, the birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming in the west and the snow finally melting in the east. Yes indeed spring is here!
As much as I love wearing boots and cozy sweaters, I always look forward to spring colours and fashion. My kids love it as much as me and it makes for a much easier morning getting them out the door. What kid loves being confined in a snowsuit really? Picture Ralphie from Christmas Story..my Ontario friends can surely relate.
I have put together a list of some top spring trends that we are seeing this spring for moms and kids. Not everyone is into following the trends but I hope this list inspires you all to hang up your parkas and throw on something lighter and get out and enjoy the nicer weather!
Top Spring 2015 trends we saw on the runway and are seeing in our stores
1. Throwback hair and makeup from the 60's and 90's.
From the 60's sassy Bombshell hair is back with natural highlights, Balyage or platinum. Sweet baby pink lips and heavy lashes for contrast.
Switch it up to the 90's and try a center parted minimalist or natural hair look with a taupe and nude colour makeup palette.
2. High waisted pants. If this isn't your thing you can try a denim jumpsuit, a pair of flared pants or some distressed jeans in a different colour.
3. Lace detail on dresses, tops and accessories gives an outfit a feminine or vintage flair.
4. A classic white button down shirt. Looks so cute and fresh paired with a skirt and ankle boots or with your favorite jeans and flats.
5. Sweatshirts. A favorite comfort piece isn't just for lounging on the couch. They come in varied prints, silk screened designs and fits. Throw it over your white button down or t-shirt dress and pair with your favorite sneakers or flats.
6. Fun sneakers. Who doesn't love fun sneakers. They aren't just for the gym.
7. A line skirts. A flattering cut for most. Keep it fresh and try a pretty floral print, stripes or how about plaid?
8. The T shirt dress. Effortless and classic.
9. Fringe detail. Not just for music festivals, channel your inner pocahontas and try it out on a bag, a dress, a statement necklace or a pair of shoes.
10. Khaki tones. Safari and inspired looks are back with a softer side for spring.
And there we have it, I hope this has gotten you a bit excited and inspired for spring style. Feel free to tweet or Instagram yours and your children's spring finds!
Fashion Contributor Jen Bobby