We love chatting with Kelly McDonnell-Arnold about sex! Before you jump to any conclusions, Kelly is a Certified Sexologist, with a Master’s degree in Forensic Sexology, so she knows what she's talking about.
Recently we had the opportunity to chat with Kelly about how to navigate your sex life during pregnancy and after having kids. Because let's be honest, once you have kids your sex life can change drastically. With stress, lack of sleep and the demands of parenting, sex can be the first thing to slip.
After talking with Kelly, we realized that prioritizing sex, just as you would the gym, is so important in a relationship.
Here are a few more great tips we took from our interview with Kelly:
1. While pregnant, continue to make sex an important part of your relationship, if you have the okay from your doctor. Don't put it off till the baby comes, maintain your intimacy.
2. If you have a crazy busy schedule, plan a sex date with your partner, just like you would prioritize any other important event in your calendar.
3. Maintain intimate communication with you partner. Work on talking openly about what you do and don't like in bed. The more you do this, the more comfortable you will get at sharing. Plus the more they know what you like, the better. Are we right?!
4. Stay connected to your personal self. It's so easy to lose ourselves in our kids and our responsibilities. Take time to care for you and don't forget that you need time as well.
5. Teach your kids the importance of Mommy & Daddy time, so they respect and value your relationship as a couple.
Want to hear more? Watch our segment, from Vanessa+Melissa below with Sexologist, Kelly McDonnell-Arnold, where we talk "Sex After Kids".
To learn more about Kelly McDonnell-Arnold, and her services, check out her website at: http://www.bliss-therapy.org