Black Bean 'Fairy Dust' Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Every Wednesday, we feature little Miss Soul in the kitchen with mama, baking up a storm. This week for Valentine's Day we made Fairy Dust Cookies, with healthy black beans and stevia. These cookies are low in sugar, BUT loaded with fiber, healthy fats and flavor! A total HIT! They didn't last long in our house.
Check out this fun video of Miss Soul in the kitchen, showing us how to make the perfect cookie! (licking taste test approved! LOL)-- See below for recipe
- 1 .5 cups black beans, rinsed well
- 2 TB. unsweetened coconut milk (or an alternative)
- 1.5 TB melted peanut butter (or a seed/nut butter of choice)
- 2 TB Melted Coconut Oil
- 3 TB whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup + 2 TB of Organic Baking Stevia
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt (or alternative)
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- Pink Fairy Dust (pink sugar sprinkles)
- Spray for baking pan
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a baking sheet with Avocado or Coconut Oil
- Mix the black beans, milk, peanut butter, and coconut oil in the food processor and process until smooth, pushing down the sides mid way
- Mix in the stevia, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, mix again
- Stir in the chocolate chips!
- Place 12-16 spoonfuls of the cookie dough evening spaced out on baking dish
- Bake for 10 minutes** read note below**
- Sprinkle on the MAGIC fairy dust all over the cookies
- Let cool for about 5 minuted and then place them on the baking rack until they are completely cooled (unless your kids get to them first)
When baking with black beans, they will still feel soft once they come out of the oven. Make sure to let them sit and cool to fully set.
There are NO eggs in this recipe, so feel free to taste test along the way!