Okay there is just something about breakfast foods that wins my heart every time.
One morning when the little ones were begging for pancakes, I scoured the kitchen, but did not have the ingredients I needed. So that morning I literally emptied out raisin boxes, grabbed some whole wheat bagels and let my creative juices start flowing.
From this we created the 'Cinnamon Raisin French Toast Bagel Bites".
These are quite easy to make and loads of fun for the family to do all together. Want to see? Check out our latest vLog "COOKING WITH SOUL" on YouTube below (see below for full recipe).
Love the recipe book we featured in this vLog? So do WE! If you must have it, head over to: http://lilyandval.com/
- 2 whole wheat bagels
- 2-3 fresh organic eggs
- 2 TB coconut milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TB coconut oil (for pan)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (split in two- and you do not need to use it all)
1. Mix eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and milk in bowl and beat until smooth
2. Cut bagel into bite size (1 inch) pieces and add to mix, stir
3. Add in raisins
4. Let sit for 1-2 minutes so the mixture is soaked up by the raisins
5. Heat pan on medium with coconut oil
6. Cook on one side for 3-5 minutes and flip, then stir until all sides are browned
7. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup on top